~Until Further Notice~
Beginning tomorrow, (Friday, 1/22/21), the library will be open for browsing.
Please note the following details regarding us reopening the library…..
– Hours will be as follows:
Monday – Friday (10:00 am – 11:00 am) This time is set aside for
Seniors (ages 55 and older) and at-risk individuals.
Monday – Thursday 11:00 am – 6:00 pm (doors open to the general public)
Friday 11:00 am – 5:00 pm (doors open to the general public)
Saturday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm (doors open to the general public – no Senior hour)
– There will be a limit of how many can be in the library at one time.
Please pay attention to the front door – IF there is a red stop sign, you will need to wait until someone exits before you can enter.
– We are asking that all visits (including computer sessions) be
limited to 30 minutes or less.
– Curbside service will continue. Below is a brief summary of how the service works. Feel free to call the library if you have any questions or would like to schedule a pickup.
* You may request items using any of the following methods:
1. Call the library at (815) 584-3061 with a list of titles.
2. Request items through your online account. A video is posted on this page which shows you how to request items.
3. You may email the library firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Items cannot be requested through the comment section on our Facebook page.
* Once your requests have been received by staff and items are pulled, you will be notified and an appointment time set for you to come and pick up your items.
* When you arrive at the library at your appointment time, you will need to call the library and let the staff know that you are in the parking lot. You will need to open the trunk or rear hatch area of your vehicle. Once you are inside your vehicle, the staff will bring the items out and place them in the rear compartment of your vehicle. Once the staff member has walked away, you may then exit your vehicle if you need to manually close the rear compartment.
* This is a no contact service therefore staff cannot take any returns from you. Once the staff member is back inside the building, you may exit your vehicle and place any return items in the outside drop.
Hours for Curbside pickup:
Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
Saturday 10:00 am – 1:30 pm