Donate Materials to the Library
The Prairie Creek Public Library encourages and welcomes donations of materials to be used for the benefit of the Library. The viability of collections depend, to some extent, upon the generosity of people willing to support the Library through their contributions.
The library asks that donated items be delivered to staff inside the library in small boxes that can be easily lifted and carried. Please do not place donated materials in the book drops or outside the library.
Dated, yellowed, damaged (including water damage) or musty items will not be accepted. Books must have the original covers attached. Patrons wishing to donate more than one box of books should contact the library in advance to make sure the library currently has space to store the donation.
Prairie Creek Library will accept the following types of materials in new or nearly new condition.
- Hardcover books – 10 years old or newer
- Paperback books – 3 years old or newer
- Literary classics/enduring titles – any publication year, based on condition and library need
- Compact disks – only with original cases and booklets
- Books on CD – only with original cases and booklets
- DVDs – only with original cases and booklets
The library does NOT accept the following types of items:
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Book club editions
- Textbooks, workbooks or educational handouts
- Video and audio cassette tapes
- Encyclopedia/reference sets older than three years; incomplete sets of any age can not be accepted
- Magazines or newspapers
- Vinyl records
Materials that are not added to the collection (usually because of the age of the materials or because the library already owns copies) will be sold at the Library Book Sale and proceeds will benefit the library.
The library will not appraise any donated materials.