PRAIRIE CREEK PUBLIC LIBRARY SEEKING PART TIME LIBRARY CLERK
The Prairie Creek Public Library is currently taking applications for two part time Library Clerks. One position is for 9 -13 hours per week and includes two mornings and one evening. The morning hours are 9:45 am-1:00 pm and the evening hours are 3:00 pm-6:15 pm. One position is for 8-12 hours per week and includes afternoons with an occasional evening shift. The afternoon hours are 1:00 pm -3:00 pm. Both positions include a 9:45 am – 2:15 pm shift one to two Saturdays per month.
General Description and Duties:
The position requires routine library and clerical work as well as basic help for patrons. The duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Check out material to patrons, check in materials when returned, collect fines and manage holds using an automated circulation system.
- Shelve materials according to the Dewey Decimal System as well as assist patrons in finding materials
- Perform routine computer functions
- Operate a variety of standard office and library machines. These include: Computers, (both desktop and laptop), Fax Machine, Xerox Copier, Wireless Printers and Scanner.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Good knowledge of clerical practices and procedures.
- Some typing skills and the ability to perform data entry.
- Good ability to understand and follow both written and oral instructions.
- The ability to troubleshoot computer issues and help patrons with computer questions.
- Some knowledge of Windows 7 or higher.
- A high school diploma or the equivalent.
All interested persons should apply in person at the following address:
Prairie Creek Public Library District
501 Carriage House Lane
Dwight, IL 60420
** Prairie Creek Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on
the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, or any other status
protected by applicable law.