We are always looking for ways to improve the library. Our desire is to have a warm friendly atmosphere with something for all age groups. Something we would love to do for our youngest library visitors is to purchase and install a baby changing station in the upstairs restroom. Currently our young parents have to take their child home or change them on the restroom floor. The Pins & Needles group has undertaken this cause. They are currently sewing book bags to sell at our annual book sale. All proceeds will be given towards purchasing this item. But they can use your help. Listed below are some ways that you can help make this a reality.
- Come out and help. Pins & Needles is an open group. Any adult is welcome.plan to come and help cut. If you would like to learn to sew, there are members who can teach you.
- They meet the first Thursday of every month from 6-8 pm. If you don’t sew,
- Donate material or ribbon. Cotton materials can be used for the bags. We use 1 ½ to 2 inch wide ribbon for the handles. We DO NOT use satin ribbon. The ridged ribbon works best.
- Plan to come out to the sale in the spring and purchase items.
- Make a monetary gift designated for BABY CHANGING STATION.
Please plan to help us with this worthy cause.